Friday, June 23, 2006

Hard to believe June is almost over. Shoot From the Lip, book 4, is finished--it's a long one--and will be out in January '07. I am working now on the outline for book 5 in hopes there won't be such a big gap between books. I was surprised to learn through some online friends that Pick Your Poison was featured in the Southwest onboard magazine Spirit in their summer reading issue. Besides the cover and a mention in the article there is also a picture of a woman reading Pick Your Poison on the beach. I was really surprised and glad someone sent the issue to me. David Thompson, who is the publicity coordinator at Murder by the Book in Houston was so kind to mention my books to whoever wrote the article.

In other news, I will be on 3 panels at the ConMisterio mystery convention in Austin July14-16. It was such a fun time last year and there will be plenty more people there this year. Their website is www.conmisterio.org This is a convention geared toward mystery fans, not writers and the hotel is wonderful. The most comfortable beds I have ever slept in on the road.

Right after that, my next appearance is for jury duty on July 17th. Yahoo!!! I LOVE jury duty, unlike most other people. Last time I was picked for a criminal case and I hope I get lucky this time. I will be in a criminal court so I've got a shot. Oooo. Got a shot. That doesn't sound so good. Last time I was able to make the jury by answering a defense attorney's voir dire question with the answer they love to hear. She asked if I would be swayed if the defendant did not testify on his own behalf. My answer was NO. I added that it was his constitutional right not to do so. This is the right answer if you WANT to get on a jury. Now, many people who had other things to do decided to answer just the opposite. Something to remember next time you might be called. :-)

Hope all of you who drop by here on occasion have a great summer!
Leann

1 Comments:

Blogger leann said...

Thanks Keri. I hope I get some advance copies for Shoot From the Lip, the book I thought I might not finish thanks to this crappy Lyme disease. But I had no problem writing the plot for the next book, so maybe I truly am getting better with this HORRENDOUS drug treatment plan. (I'm wondering if I'll have any stomach left when I'm done!) Thanks for being such a great supporter!

Take care,
Leann

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home