Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A really nice thing happened today, one of those special moments that make me so glad I'm a writer. An elderly woman who cares for an even older woman than herself called and asked if I had copies of my second book. She had met me at one of my first signing events at an assisted living center. Last time we met was at a local grocery store for her to buy a couple more copies of my first book--gifts for friends. This time we met in the same place--she can't drive too far and gets easily lost and this was the simplest way for us to meet. She was so thrilled to have the second book, she told me, because she has read the first one twice. And the 90 year old woman she cares for, who "never" reads mysteries needed a copy, too, as she loves Abby and her antics. They make her smile. Gosh, does it get any better than this? I used to get my warm fuzzies from the kids I took care of as a school nurse for the last twenty years. Now I've learned they can come from different places. I only hope I'll keep meeting my new friend in front of the Randalls grocery store for a long time to come.